What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we might collect about you will include:
- your name;
- your email address;
- any other contact details that you choose to provide to us (including telephone numbers and business or postal addresses);
- details of the organisation that you work for or represent; and
- your position title.
If you interact with us via our website, we may collect the following types of information (not all of which will be personal information):
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you when you access our website, including when you subscribe to our newsletter or mailing lists, or send us an email.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, including where you register to attend any of our events via our third party events registration platform.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to send you our newsletter or other information requested by you;
- to invite you to any of the events that we organise;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website;
- as part of a transfer of assets or other re-structure of our organisation; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and to resolve any disputes that we may have with you.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send bulletins, newsletters and other publications to you where you have subscribed to our newsletter. This may take the form of emails that are sent to you, and which comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You may opt out of receiving such materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (such as an unsubscribe link in our emails).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- third party service providers (in connection with the operation of our website and the distribution of our newsletters and other communications to individuals who have subscribed to our mailing lists);
- our professional advisers (where required in order to seek or obtain legal, accounting, taxation or other professional advice);
- anyone to whom our assets (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information to our third party service providers outside of Australia for the purposes listed above, including to information technology service providers who provide services to us (including our email distribution system and operating and supporting our website) and our events management platform. These third party service providers may hold and store your personal information in the United States of America and in other countries that we may notify you from time to time when we first collect your personal information.
Using our website and cookies
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative and technical measures to protect your personal information. Our email security is managed by a third-party provider that backs-up and stores all emails. Our electronic documents and files is stored on a cloud server and backed-up onto an external hard drive that is stored securely. Personal information is either stored in locked filing cabinets (for paper materials) or in an access-restricted section of our network share drive that is only accessible by members of our executive team (for electronic materials). However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request access to your personal information.
If you think that any personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us using the contact details below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the way that we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the contact details below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Other contact details may be found at bwdstrategic.com/contact
Last updated: 28 October 2020